I've waited, I've been patient, but now, after almost 3 1/2 months since giving birth, I want my body back. People, not only do I have a 12K race in August and two weddings to attend in October, bikini season is around the corner. And aside from the pancake-butt and bat wing-arms I need to address, I've decided my mental and emotional states need boosting too. All work (read: baby) and no play (read: my previous life) make Anja a dull girl.
Here's how I plan to execute this much-needed mommy makeover:
1) Get in shape. Hide the New York Super Fudge Chunk, hand me my dumbbells, let's do this. I've been going to some post-natal aerobics classes (see photo above for a spot-on representation) but it's time for the big-wheel stroller to meet the bike path.
2) Eat better. Rice pudding and ice cream don't count as food groups. And bread, oh god, the bread. Get it away from me! (I say this now until morning comes and my peanut butter toast is not next to my coffee.)
3) Book a massage. I've never had a massage in my life and think it's about darn time. Extra oil, please.
4) Say it with me now: HYGIENE! What happened to the days when I showered, flossed, and washed my face before bed? I'm taking 'em back!
5) Use my brain. I'm determined to get through the stack of books on my bedside table. This means keeping my eyes open past 9 PM. Wish me luck.